Caramel Apple Mini-Pops
Apples are in season! Caramel Apple-Mini Pops are the perfect seasonal treat to make if you are looking for an easier, less messy alternative to the traditional caramel apple. It also makes a wonderful after school snack or after dinner dessert! Just slice some apples, place a lollipop stick into each piece, make your caramel, drizzle the caramel onto the slices, then garnish with your favorite toppings. It is all super easy! Crushed pecans, mini marshmallows, M & M’s, and chocolate chips are just a few examples of the variety of toppings that can be used. The sky is the limit!
- 1 big apple (We used red delicious)
- 14 pieces caramel candy
- 3 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of each topping (crushed pecans, crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, etc…)
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 10 lollipop sticks
- Slice the apple into medium sized wedges and sprinkle the lemon juice onto each piece to prevent browning.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the 14 pieces of caramel candy and the 3 Tablespoons of heavy whipping cream inside. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat in 30 second intervals until the caramel fully melts and looks thick and smooth.
- Place a lollipop stick into each apple piece and drizzle the caramel on top.
- Garnish with toppings of your choice.
Recipe and photo from: https://cookingwithlibby.com/caramel-apple-mini-pops-easy-fall-snacks/